Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hello from Saga!

Hello from forgotten by God Saga! I`ve been living here for a week now, but I didn`t have the time to update.. at all. Or maybe I did, but had nothing to write about :P
As almost everyone, my first day at school was on the 27th August and was full of embarassing events, such as introducing myself to the whole school, riding back home with the Geography teacher and meeting random baseball guys with interesting ideas. (That was a long sentence, excuse me.) After this, this whole week, without counting today, was full of preparations for the 体育祭&文化祭 (Taiikusai&Bunkasai) which took place, respectivly, yesterday and the day before yesterday. What a long and tiring week it was..

I do not have any pictures to share, because me and Arisa (my host sister in my second family) have yet to figure out how to upload the pictures from her camera on her computer. Yes, I do indeed know this sounds weird! But as soon as we do figure it out, I promise to upload them, so you can see how awesome (not) I look in my sports clothes and how different a sweaty European looks from a sweaty Japanese.


Just because all of this sounds boring, short fun facts and questions based on my experiences!

→ Did you ever get "hello" from random people, but prefer to reply in Japanese? During our 文化祭 (Culture Festival) we had folk dances (yes) and I had to dance with half of the boys in 7th and 3rd classes (yes). So I got a lot of "hallo"s and they got a lot of こんにちはs.

→ Do people call you cute all the time? Because I don`t ever get called cute and I`m starting to think my image of Japan was wrong as Hell. (うわぁぁぁかわいい? No?)

→ Our class was selling かき氷 (kakigori) and mine crepes on the 文化祭 (Culture Festival), so we had to go around and sell tickets. I`m so proud of myself- I sold 1/96 of all the tickets!

→ My team (red) was last on the 体育祭 (Sports Festival). .. just as we all expected. Do you guys have Sports Festival in your school? If you do, when? And if you already had.. post pictures of your sweaty faces, come on!
Just so this is not text only, picture with me and Maki and Misa (my host sisters in the fist family) taken in Canal City (the most absurd name ever, I know) in Fukuoka. See you, or rather "read you" soon!


2 comments:

Piotrek said...

Kawasaki-shi kara konbanwa!

According to your question about 'kawaii' syndrome. At my school, they used to call me kawaii/kakkoi during first week. Now I became a part of my school, so they say only hello or stop me and talk with me about everything :)

Yoroshiku

Ólafur said...

Great to hear all these stories. I forgot about this blog site and I was checking it for the first time now. I'm so glad that it's is active and people are actually using it and blogging. I'll blog about Osaka and Kyoto when I have enough time.
Do I have to have an account or something to blog myself? If so, how can I get it. If its just a username and password could someone just send it to me by e-mail. My e-mail is OlafurPG@gmail.com.
Best Regards, Ólafur